Get Your House Ready to Show Buyers
If you are trying to successfully sell your real estate property in today’s competitive market, particularly here in Visalia, California, one of the most important factors to effectively sell it is to make a very good first impression to the buyers. All sellers would wish their potential buyers to love their property every single bit as much as they do. That is why a seller must know how to get their home ready to be sold and that is to make the house for sale well-polished and appeals to all the buyers who would see it.
Buyers mostly prefer buying a home that is well-cared; so if your house is well-maintained and great to look at, you can definitely sell it faster at a higher price. In order to do so, you must maximize first the interior and exterior appeal of your house before putting it on the list for sale on the market. Though you must make it almost looking perfect, it doesn’t mean that you have to spend much because you can definitely do it effortlessly by following Susan Kazarian’s tips on how to get your house ready to show for buyers.
Readying your house for sale:
A seller must take into considerations the exterior, interior and curb appeal of his home as well as the amount that he should spend in preparing his house for sale. A brand new and high quality roof can impress the buyers but expect that they won’t give you an extra payment for it. To have cost-effective preparations of your house, you must know the most effective improvements that you can adopt to give your buyers a good first impression of your real estate property.
Effective tips in order to enhance the home’s curb and exterior appeal:
- Keep your lawn always edged, properly cut and regularly watered.
- Trim the hedges, flowerbeds and weed lawns regularly.
- Make your front-door area have a sense of “welcome” feeling and paint your front door.
- Add a little of creative showy pots annual right there in your door entrance in summer and spring.
- The owner of a real estate property in a snowy area must keep the walks always neatly cleared of ice and snow.
- The steps, foundations, walls, walkways and patios that have deteriorations and cracks must be fixed.
- Remove and then repaint the peeling paints on the windows and doors, as well as the loose sidings and caulking, repair it if necessary.
- Align and clean the gutters as well as the chimney.
- Repair or replace the damaged and loose roof shingles and reseal the old asphalt.
- Keep your garage door always closed and store the RVs and old cars to somewhere else while the real estate property is for sale on the market.
Maximize your interior’s appeal tips:
- Inspect and repair the HVAC and alarm systems.
- Clean the walls and doors of scuff marks and smudges.
- Give every room in the house with a thorough cleaning which includes removing all clutters. This will make the house look brighter and bigger.
- Make your basement, attic and kitchen counters more inviting by removing the less frequently used materials even those that are used daily.
- Seal the basement walls if there are signs of leakage or dampness.
- Repair the cracks, damage or holes to wallboard, plasters, wallpaper, tiles and paint.
- Use a professional and high quality cleaning service every 2 or more weeks while your real estate property is on the market.
- Repair dripping showerheads, faucets and always make sure that the dressers, tabletops and closets are all free from any clutter.
- Your bathroom and kitchen must always be clean and odor-free and looks modern, fresh and bright as possible.
Make your real estate property look spacious, clean and bright and make it look neutral without your sentimental and personal objects so potential buyer can imagine him and his family living there.